Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Thanks Giving revisited

As I read my friend D's blog this morning, something really hit me. We give thanks for the good things in our life. That's easy. God blesses us with so much. So much that we often take things for granted. But when was the last time you gave thanks for an affliction, an illness, a sorrow, even a death of a loved one? Can it be done? I think of Paul when he wrote that he asked God to remove his affliction 3 times and God said no. Why? God's grace is sufficient. 2 Corinthians 12:7-10

Have you thought about that for your own life? Are you praising God for the affliction in your life? Take a moment to read 2 Corinthians 4:8-18 and ask God to show you what you need to thank him for.

Blessings to you.

4 comments:

~~Deby said...

AMen Jamie....I had to hit the altar Sunday night and Thank the Lord for my fibro .....sometimes I don't feel it..but this is what I know that I am supposed to do...and it is a start and pleases God....
Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours..
You are a blessing..
Deby

Lisa's Blessed A Latte said...

I agree...its so easy like Deby posted to have a Pity party. Especially when you have young kid and have some really bad days. Your and Deby's post was very refreshing!!!

Ginny said...

To welcome you to blog land, I'm tagging you for the "8 Things We Didn't Know About You" meme. See my post of 11/21/2007 for more information!

Looking forward to seeing your list!

Pen of Jen said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Thank you for stopping by Pen of Jen
Jennifer

Oh I love the fireman sampler! Very talented!!