Saturday, November 24, 2007

Preparations

Because I know the next few weeks will fly by, I am trying to work at getting myself prepared for Christmas bit by bit now. I know, many people have their Christmas cards mailed the day after Thanksgiving, but I have never been one of those people! I get my inspiration just before a holiday, and then I don't have time to do what I want.... I am in the process of making a calendar, a scrapbook, and a couple scarves for gifts as well as a cross stitch project! I wonder if there is some way to stretch the month of December. LOL!!

We are having a church Christmas gathering at my house on Dec 7, so I want to have my home decorated and ready! My hubby helped me get my Christmas village out and he cleaned it up for me. That was so helpful. I now have it sitting in my living room window.

Usually I try to make my own cards wih rubber stamps, but this year I decided to use one of my photos for the card as suggested by a friend of mine. I thought I would share the photo with you. I will stamp the inside text. I usually mail an annual letter too, but I have not yet begun it. Soon!

Maine pine cones © 2007 J-ME

Preparations .... I am reminded of the preparations God made in order to save us, in order to give us the opportunity of eternal life with Him. This time of the year is a remembrance of the beginnings of those preparations that one could see ~ Jesus the Christ, the Messiah, sent to be born a lowly birth. As we carry on with our preparations and family traditions this Christmas season, let us remember first and foremost WHY we are doing what we are doing.
I leave you tonight with Hebrews 2:9,17

"But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man. ...Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people."

God bless you.

No comments: