Friday, November 30, 2007

Show and Tell Friday

I learned about Show and Tell Friday at my friend D's blog and that sent me to "There is no place like home" blog. This is my first time to do this. I have a number of things I collect. Today I'd like to share with you my Snowbabies collection.

It all began about 20 years ago when I received one from my neighbor whom I babysat for. I didn't know it was part of a collection until a few years later. My first figurine was of two little snowbabies on a toboggin, representing her liitle boy and mine. They loved to play in the snow and then would come in with rosy red cheeks.
I have since added more snowbabies on sleds. One of my favorite ones was a gift from my son, now grown, for Christmas. It's the one of the snowbaby holding a blue blanket. My son loved his "Minnie" when he was little so it reminds me of him. My mom has given me quite a few of these. My husband and son have given me the rest. Many of them have special meaning. One that isn't shown is playing a violin which reminds me of when our son took violin lessons in 3rd grade.
Thanks for visiting!

7 comments:

Mommy said...

Oh my goodness, those are so adorable! I love the ones on the sled. Thank you for sharing. :)

Martha said...

I LOVE your snowbabies. I have always thought of collecting them - just never have gotten started.

Hope you have a great weekend,
~Jane

Kelli said...

Your snowbabies are wonderful...so sweet! Welcome to show and tell Friday!

Kelli

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Oh I love snowbabies! yours are so cute!

Pen of Jen said...

My sister in law collects snow bunnies and like you most are from her husband. The ones she likes the best seem to be like you...ones that represent her children in an activity!!

Very cute!
Jennifer

~~Deby said...

Loved seeing these Jamie...I am already thinking of the Friday coming up....hmmmmm......
Deby

... said...

what a great collection. i never would have guessed that snowbabies have been around for 20 years. i love the very first one you got - the fact that it's so special because it represents your son and your friend's son.