Monday, November 12, 2007

Feeling stressed?

We all face stress at one time or another. Stress over things that need to be done. Stress over not feeling well enough to do the things we ought to do. Stress over matters that are beyond our control.

What do you do when you feel stressed? I guess all three of the above fit me today. What helps? Now I know the old saying that "stressed" spelled backwards is "desserts" and chocolate or a bowl of ice cream might seem to help at times, but not always.

How about the following:

Prayer for strength (Colossians 1:11).

A comfy chair in front of a sunny window (unless it's a migraine).

Easy listening music - I'm listening to Jim Brickman right now.

A cup of something warm to drink. (I like Chai).

Realizing that God is in control and everything will work out for His glory. (Romans 11:36)

Surround yourself with beauty. (Philippians 4:8)

© 2007 J-ME

What works for you?

2 comments:

~~Deby said...

Many of the things that you listed, Jamie...having friends that I know that are standing in the gap for me..when things get overwhelming..and yu know...sometimes just having a good cry....really...knowing thos tears are there for a reason...and God understands....I am thankful for your friendship,
Deby

Ginny said...

How interesting, Jamie, that you should choose this subject. I have a friend whom God appears to have called me to counsel and mentor who doesn't know how to properly deal with stress. Her choices are, for lack of a better word, dysfunctional. I will share with her your list in hopes that it will be of some comfort. Thanks for sharing it.