Wednesday, November 21, 2007

First Snow

We had a bit of snow yesterday, but more snow fell overnight. I just wanted to share with you a photo of our first snowfall - a bit of autumn and winter together! It might not last long but it brings to mind the old Thanksgiving song ~ "Over the river and through the woods".

I baked my pies yesterday ~ apple and pumpkin. I've also cooked my potatoes and squash. I am trying to do as much as possible so tomorrow can be "stress-free" - I hope! We will have a small gathering with just my BIL and mom joining us. My DS & DIL have to work, but they will be in our thoughts. (added later: So much for stress free - when I mashed my potatoes, they came out like wallpaper paste! They were so starchy. They tasted about as appetizing as wallpaper paste would, too. UGH. I will try again tomorrow. Does anyone have any cooking disasters to share to make me feel better??)

May you be blessed with family, friends and special memories on Thanksgiving Day.

4 comments:

Lori Stilger said...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING, Jamie!!! :) God's RICHEST blessings on you and yours!!!!

Glenna said...

I'm so glad that I noticed in your e-card (thanks!) that you have a blog. I'll come back often because I enjoyed both what you wrote and your incredible photography.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

Hugs,
Glenna

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Nice to meet you! Thanks for visiting me. Sorry about the potatoes! I remember thinking I was adding sugar to a loaf of bread and it was salt! GAG! That was awful. Or the herb bread that was so bad it had to be tossed also! I think we all have those disasters!