Saturday, March 22, 2008

Great Things He Has Done


God has done great things for us. Stop for a moment and think...... what has He done for you? Of course as we approach Resurrection Sunday, I think of the Cross. Jesus died on a cross in my place. All my sin was put onto Him there.

To be honest, I have always had a difficult time reading about the events that took place and that happened to Him after He was arrested. I never could bring myself to really read it and dwell on it. Sadly, I would skim over it. How can I read what He endured in order that I might be set free? When I saw "The Passion of The Christ", I had to look away many times. How could I watch what my sin cost Him? Although seeing, hearing, knowing is difficult, it can not come close to what He went through for me. Why did He do it?

LOVE. Love for me and love for you. Though it is still hard for me to read and hear those words of that crucifixion day, I know why they are necessary. And joyously, I know that the story doesn't end there. As "The Passion of the Christ" ended, it made me feel so sad and dejected. Although the film did portray the empty tomb, I felt like more of the story needed to be told. I wanted to jump up and shout, "That's not the end! The best part wasn't told. Jesus isn't dead! He's Alive! He lives!"

So as we approach this wonderful Resurrection Sunday, I am reminded of the great things God has done for me.
He has given me the greatest gift of all - salvation - through faith in His Son, Jesus Christ.
He has given me the indwelling of the Holy Spirit.
He has given me His Word, and not only one Bible, but many!
He has given me a husband, a son and a daughter-in-law, and a "daughter by love" & her husband.
He has given me a home and extended family.
He has given me the ability to teach, even when I have doubts.
He gives me strength for each day.
He has given me His love.
He has given me many opportunities to serve Him.
He has given me my senses that I am able to enjoy His creation.
Great things God has promised. Great things God has done. There is no way I can list them all, but my heart overflows, knowing that He loves me and is with me all the time. For that I am forever thankful.

And so, I ask again.... what has God done for you? Rejoice and be glad!
Blessings to you on this special weekend as we celebrate God's love for us.


4 comments:

~~Deby said...

Salvation....Praise the Lord
Happy Easter to you and yours!
HE is RISEN, HE IS RISEN Indeed.
Deby

sharon brobst said...

He died for ME!MY sins! I too am often awestruck by the fact that He died for my sins. And for me, He conquered the power sin had on me...death - For now I can live eternally with Him!

What a wonderful Risen Savior we serve!

Lori Stilger said...

You cheated, Jamie. :D I wanted to know NEW things! LOL!!!!!

Anyway. There's something little on my blog for you today, if you care to pick it up. I hope you're enjoying your time off. Take it easy, dear friend!!! BLESSINGS!!!!

j said...

Amen, Sister!!!! I haven't watched the Passion of the Christ yet. I may never. It is real to me already, what Jesus did for me. God is just so GOOD! I stand amazed that he chose me....I don't feel that I have anything to warrant His favor, any merit to offer Him to be worthy....and that is it. JESUS. JESUS stands for me because I am not worthy of Favor. And I recieve God's Favor, His full pardon of sin, because He sees Christ and His righteousness in me! I thoroughly enjoyed this post!

Be blessed.

Jennifer