Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Thinking about Gifts

Today someone asked me if my Christmas shopping is done. I stopped to think. I honestly don't know. Because I am making many gifts, or had some bought ahead, or am using prints of my own nature photos for gifts, I really don't know what I need to buy. Buying hasn't been high on my list this year. Oh, I did buy a set of pots and pans for my mom, which she needed and will like because they are red, but I don't have a buying list. The thought on my mind most of all this year is this: the best gift is LOVE. LOVE = TIME.

It may be time spent on making something special for someone. It might mean taking the time to write a letter or make a phone call. It might the time it take to stop by and have that Cup of Christmas Tea with someone you haven't seen in awhile. each year our pastor reads that poem to us, challenging us to go out and visit a neighbor, a relative, someone in need, etc.

My son & wife have asked for Lowes gift cards because they are remodeling their first home. I would like to add some "coupons" to that to gift: a gift of our time to help with whatever project they have going. As a young married couple, they are busy and may not come see us as much as we would like, and might not think about how important time is, but I want to model that for them. We are willing to give our time, because that is an expression of our love to them.

So that is what's I've been musing about .... Christmas .... gifts .... love .... time ... and tea!

4 comments:

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Come set a spell with me and we will have some tea together!

... said...

i'd love to sit and have a cip of tea with you :]

great post. i agree... it shouldn't be about what is bought. it's about what is given. thanks for reminding me of that.

sharon brobst said...

I TOTALLY agree!

Thanks for stopping by and entering my contest! I'll be drawing soon! :-)

sharon brobst said...

Oh Jamie thank you! I never thought of having a cup of tea with Jesus! I love the thought of that! You are such a blessing!