Saturday, December 22, 2007

Celebrating our family Christmas

It's been awhile since I have been able to post. The past 2 and a half weeks have been packed with gift preparations and subbing (full time) in a fourth grade classroom. I love teaching, but the days aren't long enough! Then I come home, correct papers and fall asleep! It's not a very interesting life, but I'm thankful for the opportunity to teach.

We celebrated out family Christmas today since my DIL has to work Christmas Day. I bought very little and made various things personalized for the person getting the gift. Since I read a Calvin Coolidge quote a few weeks ago, “Christmas is not a time nor a season, but a state of mind. To cherish peace and goodwill, to be plenteous in mercy, is to have the real spirit of Christmas.” and being convicted that our gift giving needed to change, I have had a more peaceful heart.

I do admit that I was stressing a bit about getting things done for today, especially since my dh was called out to a fire for a few hours and was not able to help with some things as planned. But, the day turned out fine, of course, and everyone has gone home. Now I look forward to a few peaceful, quiet days. My dh & I have never had a Christmas day alone, so that will be different. Our neighbors will come over for coffee and coffeecake in the later morning as has become our own personal tradition. It's nice. Though we live right next door, some time we get so busy that we don't visit together for months, so this is a special time for us.

I'm ready to crash now, but thought I would use this opportunity to get caught up. May your coming days be filled with peace, love and joy.

3 comments:

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Well hello! Sounds like things have been busy for you! Have a blessed merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Just wanted you to know I was here checking on you! Now on toward a Happy Blessed 2008! I am humming an olde but goodie song entitled, "I'll be seeing you"! Can't wait.

nancy said...

I wanted to thank you for stopping by my site and leaving such a nice message. After reading your profile and looking a bit at your blog, I can see we have some things in common. I'll be back to visit.
Nancy