Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Friendship is a Sheltering Tree

Today we had a secret pal reveal at my house. For the past 6 months, some of the ladies at church have been secret pals to others. It is a fun way to remember and to get to know others. I decided to do a devotional for it.

Since I have a particular tree out back that I really like the shape of, even though it's not very big yet, it always makes me think of the quote, "Friendship is a sheltering tree" by Samuel Coleridge. Anyway, that quote kept coming to mind, so that is what I did the devotion on. It turned out to be not so much about friendships among women, but how God is the ultimate friend, and our friendship with Him is the best sheltering tree we could have.

Is He your "sheltering tree"?

2 comments:

sharon brobst said...

I love that! I haven't heard that quote before. God truly is our sheltering tree and I love that sometimes He uses our friends to shelter us also...

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

I like that very much! What a wonderful saying!