Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Dear to my Heart



As Valentine's Day approaches, I want to share with you a ministry that is special to me. It is His Hands For Haiti .


In 2000 and 2001, I went to Haiti on mission trips. It was a life changing experience. We worked in Pignon which is in north-central Haiti. Since my first trip, I felt like I left a bit of my heart there. It's hard to explain. I haven't been able to go back again, but I am willing should the Lord open the door for me to go. Since my trips to Haiti, I learned about this ministry right here in Maine that seeks sponsors for children to help provide an education and one meal a day. Sometimes, that is the only meal a child receives. If you have seen or read news stories recently, you may know that there is a terrible food shortage in Haiti right now and food distribution is very difficult. We have so much that we take for granted....


This little boy is one of the 3 students that I sponsor. Can you believe only $80 a year provides schooling for them? I urge you to go take a look at the site. Pray for these children. I know, they are just a few of the thousands who are needy all over the world. Perhaps you are looking for a special love gift to give on Valentine's Day. What better gift to give someone, or in memory of a loved one, than the gift of education to a child who has nothing.