Wednesday, January 2, 2008

A Glorious Day in Maine


It is if you like snow! This is our house this morning after another 10" of fresh snow. Today is blustery and sunny. that makes it a good "Pooh" day ~ huddled inside with a pot of honey (tea/coffee/cocoa!)I do. Hubby had to get up extra early to get the driveway snowblowed out.
*
I don't like to see a brown winter which we have had the past few years where we end up getting snow late Feb. - April. By April, I want Spring! So I look at the snow as a blessing. It also reminds me that Jesus has washed me "whiter than snow". Wow! That's WHITE!
*
So, I am enjoying a snow day catching up on odds and ends, putting away some Christmas decorations, writing thank you notes, hemming some new comfy, corduroy pants, and yes, playing on the computer. But I did do my bible reading first. OK.... I did some of it. I guess I better be totally honest. I am easily distracted. A very big problem for me..... anyone else?
*
I have a Chronological Bible that I like a lot, and I am going to read chronologically again using a guide I found online. For Christmas, I bought a new Nelson's Study Bible for my hubby and me. It looks like it has some awesome study helps which I am anxious to start reading. I still love my John R Rice Reference Bible which has been my guide for the past 25 years and will remain a favorite, but I do like reading others as well.
*
If you are interested in joining me and some of my friends in reading through the Bible this year, here is another site with many guides and here is one that you can listen to while you read. I will say that this last one is not KJV if that is what you want.
*
Well, I must go accomplish more of my list of things that need to be finished. Have a wonderful day.

6 comments:

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

I love snow and yours is very lovely! Enjoy the Bible reading dear!

~~Deby said...

Wow...Jamie...love this picture(it didn't open in my email)....
I too am reading through the Bible this year...I want it to be just the basics of what I do every year.....and then add on...
stay warm,
Deby

Anonymous said...

Hi Jamie - i hopped over to your blog from Lori's and am happy I did - I love the music and the picture of your home in the snow!!! all my life i wanted to live in Maine in the snow! Since I cannot, glad you are!!

I, too, become distracted when reading more often than not anymore. I am excited to use the daily chronological reading as its sent to me and hoping that doing it this way will keep me focused.

Raining in Northern California -- well we are expecting "torrential rains' _ I LOVE THEM, but don't live by a river so its easy for me to say.

God bless everyone!
Karen

... said...

i admire you so much for commiting to reading the Bible through the year. i've tried before and never get through it. but i'm going to try to improve on my quiet time. i've thought about trying to do it before i get on the computer. not sure yet if that's going to work :] i will find the right time.

sharon brobst said...

I love Maine, only been there once but it was beautiful. We have dear friends who live in Northern Maine...maybe we'll get up to visit them again
...in the SUMMER!:-)

Trish said...

I love the Maine pic! My family still lives there, but I haven't been there in a few years. Your blog is pretty. I found you via Deby, and I look forward to visiting again!