Friday, July 31, 2009

Guatemala!

Last Feb. when I returned from Haiti, I wanted so much to return in the fall. I wasn't feeling at peace about it in June or so, and then God closed the door. That was OK. I figured maybe next year I could go. Well.... little did I know what God had in store! He was arranging a trip to Guatemala. He has opened the door for His Hands Support Ministries to possibly begin a child sponsorship program there in a small Mayan village. Three us us will be going with this ministry and will be joining another team that had planned to go to Mexico. God changed their plans too! So, now we will all travel together and work on a couple different projects outside of Guatemala City.

I have been looking for a key verse for this trip. The one that keeps coming back to me is Psalm 37:4,5 "
Delight yourself also in the Lord, And He shall give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord, Trust also in Him, And He shall bring it to pass."

I have never had a desire to go to Central America until God put that desire in my heart. Now, I am anxious to go, meet brothers & sisters in the Lord, be part of a new ministry, see a different part of God's creation, and learn about a new culture. I am looking forward to what He plans to teach me, too. I also can't wait to see the colors of the materials and things the woman make. I've seen photos and they are beautiful! I'll share photos when I get back. The following photo was taken in Antiqua. We do plan to be there for a day.
Yea!!


1 comment:

... said...

how exciting! sounds like a wonderful ministry and my prayers will be for a successful and productive trip.

thank you for your prayers for my daughter and her trip.