Thursday, September 4, 2008

Thankful Thursday


It's still Thursday, so I thought I would join in with Iris at Sting My Heart, and others. I so appreciated her verse on seasons. We are entering the autumn season here in the northeast with trees turning color early this year. Fall seems more like the beginning of a new year more so than January. I guess that comes form being a teacher and homeschooling. But I find myself in a new season, one I didn't know about ~ that of being an empty-nester SAHM with a husband too young for retirement! He's still a "workaholic", still so busy and often gone for meetings with one of his two jobs. Often I find myself alone. Generally I don't mind, but other times...... anyway, this is a thankful post, so what am I thankful for?
* God, who saved me and shows me grace and mercy
* my husband who works so hard
* having eyes to read with, ears to hear music, a tongue to taste all the wonderful tastes there are
* having the opportunity to work one on one with a student who needs help learning English
* my son, my one and only special gift from God, and his wife of nearly 2 years
* all the blessings we have that I take for granted

*for having music on my blog again - yea!!!

I know there are so many other things I could write, but since it is late and I am now back to teaching (unexpectedly - to me, not to God!), I need to end for now.

5 comments:

i said...

What a lovely family you have! So much to be thankful for!

Have a blessed weekend!

Denise said...

Such beautiful blessings sweetie.

~~Deby said...

Great post Jamie...we do have so so so so much to be thankful for...
Deby

A happy heart at home said...

I enjoyed your post. Have a great week!

~Susan

eph2810 said...

Yes, there are different seasons in our lives just as much there are seaons in the year. Sometimes it takes a little while to get used to the changes in our lives. I know it took me close to a year to get used to having our son gone...
You are right - we sometimes take for grated the blessings of reading, hearing...thank you for the reminder.

Thank you for sharing your grateful heart with us.

Be blessed today and always.