Monday, September 8, 2008

Change of Plans



How plans can change when you least expect!! A couple weeks ago, I was basking in the idea of time off. Even thogh school had begun and teachers were returning to work, I had nothing on my calendar other than one day of subbing last Tuesday. God had other plans! On Wed. I had a meeting about a possible position, and on Thursday I started in as a full-time one-on-one aide for a student who is new to the country and to the English language. What an interesting, challenging, and fun opportunity! I am thankful for the flexibility God has given me and the strength He gives day by day. My prayer is for wisdom and to know how best meet the needs of this sweet child.

3 comments:

... said...

what a great attitude to have. instead of grumbling about givng up your free time, you see it as a blessing. therefore, it will be a blessing for you and the student.

i just learned of this blogger "following" thing. thanks for following my blog. once i figure out how to do it, i'll "follow" yours.

sharon brobst said...

What an opportunity for you to make a difference in this one life!!

I have something for you over at my place.

A happy heart at home said...

Wow! That's amazing!

I, too, am amazed at how many things I've gotten involved in recently when I clearly didn't plan to.

Thanks for commenting on my blog!

~Susan