Sunday, June 14, 2009

Spring florals

Good afternoon! Although it is rainy here today, again....I am drawn to the beauty of spring.

I love spring time
and all the new flower blossoms. The only problem is that most of the flowers don't last long enough for me.

I am reminded of Isaiah 40:7,8.

"The grass withers, and the flowers fade beneath the breath of the LORD. And so it is with people. The grass withers, and the flowers fade, but the word of our God stands forever."

My life is like a flower ~ here for a time, then gone from this earth, but I know I will live again. My eternal home is in heaven.

The other promise is that God's Word will last forever! No matter how we may be persecuted, or how our freedoms may be removed, God promises that He will safeguard His word.

Still, I do wish the blossoms would last longer. They are so pretty and make me forget about everyday stresses. To hold on to the memories longer, I take photos. I have posted many at

http://naturespeaking.shutterfly.com/

I hope you will visit me there, too, and leave a comment.


2 comments:

... said...

i'm with you. i love flowers... i love taking pictures of them... and they don't last long enough. your photos are beautiful.

your photos of your trip to haiti are also beautiful, and touching. what a blessed time it must have been... for everyone.

Hollie said...

I agree! Such beautiful flowers! Thanks for sharing them!