Saturday, March 7, 2009

Home from Haiti

I have so many thoughts and memories - it's hard to put into words, so I will share some of the 900 photos I took. LOL!!
We visited Terrier Rouge, Ouvray, Danda, Juchereau, Roche Platte, Paulette, and Phaeton.


daily life in Terrier Rouge


beautiful scenery


I just love this little guy and hope to sponsor him.


road near Danda


measuring students - one part of our job there - to update their records for sponsors


a cobbler we met a couple times


some of the school children we worked with


having fun blowing bubbles


on the road to Ouvray (the truck broke down)


loving on the kids - they are both sound asleep!


the Saturday feeding program - many hungry children. 150 were fed one Sat. and 162 the next.


meeting my mom's sponsored girl


they are so cute!


singing with the girls

so content - both of us!

3 comments:

christina d said...

Such great pictures. It's good to see the children doing well with the volunteers helping. Beautiful kids!

paperpest said...

Beautiful people, beautiful land. I wish them all a good future. Thank you for helping the Haitians.

Anonymous said...

The children are just so precious. God bless.